Combined resistance to multiple antibiotics: a growing problem in the EU
On the occasion of the 10th European Antibiotic Awareness Day, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) is releasing its latest EU-wide data on antibiotic resistanceNews release
Communicating to professionals in hospitals and long-term care facilities
Up to half of all antibiotic use in hospitals is unnecessary of inappropriate. Antibiotic misuse in hospitals is a major driver of antibiotics resistance. What can be done?View materials
Stories of people whose lives were dramatically changed by antibiotic resistant superbugsRead their stories
#KeepAntibioticsWorking: join us on social media!
As a healthcare professional, what can you do to keep antibiotics working? What can a patient association do to contribute? What can policymakers do at European level? What can a parent do? Everyone can join the campaign on European Antibiotics Awareness Day- posting his/her own message, picture or video using the #KeepAntibioticsWorking hashtag. Tell the world what you do, in your professional or personal life, at individual or collective level, to use antibiotics responsibly and #KeepAntibioticsWorking!
Antibiotic resistance is one of the biggest threats facing us today. Become an antibiotic guardian - keep antibiotics working.
Choose one simple pledge about how you’ll make better use of antibiotics and help save these vital medicines from becoming obsolete.
Antibiotic Guardian is a UK-wide campaign.Antibiotic Guardian website
Campaigns in the UK and Ireland
- e-bug: Fun games and teaching resources about microbes and antibiotics - Public Health England
- Antibiotic awareness resources: 2017 - Public Health England
- European Antibiotic Awareness Day - Scottish medicines consortium
- Antibiotic resistance: Awareness campaign, resources - Public Health Wales
- Under the weather, Health Service Executive, Ireland
- Antibiotic prescribing, Health Service Executive, Ireland