Key messages for hospital prescribers
Learn about the problem of antibiotic resistance, how the use of antibiotics contributes to the problem, and why and how to promote prudent use of antibiotics.
Key messages for primary care prescribers
Growing antibiotic resistance threatens the effectiveness of antibiotics now and in the future, communicating with patients is key.
- All prescribers
- Healthcare professionals in hospitals and other healthcare settings
- Hospital infectious disease specialists
- Hospital managers / administrators
- Infection prevention and control professionals and hospital epidemiologists
- Key messages for hospital prescribers
- Junior doctors and students
- Hospital pharmacists
- Clinical microbiologists
- Emergency departments: physicians, managers
- Intensive care unit: physicians, managers
- Long-term care facilities: physician, managers
- What are the key messages and how they will be used?
Key messages for the general public
Antibiotics are not the solution for infections caused by viruses such as common colds or flu.